Give Praise Records, specialists in grindcore and grind-anything metal, are giving away their July sampler, “The Path To Grind”, containing tracks by 20 bands. Most of them are likely to be new to you even if you’re already heavily into grindcore. If you’re not, I can tell you there’s some damn cool stuff on this sampler. Of course it is all as brutal as anything gets.
As the advertisers say, “Act Now! Limited Offer!” The digital album is completely free via Bandcamp until about Wednesday, so get downloading this weekend.
The Bandcamp page contains the usual invitation to pay what you like, but Give Praise want you to ignore that. Just grab the sampler. Share it. They want you to do that too.
Here’s the full track list:
- ABORTION – Children Of Satan
- BRUCEXCAMPBELL – Humanity Deserves To Die
- CHOKED BY OWN VOMITS – Sweatpants Factory
- DEPARTMENT OF CORRECTION – Suck It Up
- ENDLESS DEMISE – Seeds Of Destruction
- FUBAR – Death Or Doubt
- GORGONIZED DORKS – Your Wealth
- INTESTINAL ROT – Cranium Crushing Cannibals
- MESRINE – Blood Boils
- MOLOCH – Unendlichkeit
- OSK – Burning Human
- PROLETAR – Global Darkness Destruction
- RITUAL MISERY – Cult
- SICK OF STUPIDITY – Slumber Of Humanity
- SOIL OF IGNORANCE – Downfall Existence
- STRONG INTENTION – The Carnivore
- SUFFERING MIND – Down My Throat (DISRUPT)
- TO DUST – The Perspectivist
- VIOLENT OPPOSITION – Logic VS Retaliation
- WAKE – Smolder
As you can tell from the band names and song titles, there aren’t many songs about butterflies and sunshine in this selection. So, go here on Bandcamp and download some head-exploding grind. Blast the neighbours into the next county.
Relapse Records is celebrating their 25th anniversary and in doing so they are giving us over 180 (!) songs spanning the label’s entire history, free of charge (or pay what you can, and please do). This sampler includes one track from almost every band that has released their work on Relapse since 1990.
Happy Anniversary Relapse Records! Let’s headbang!
An additional in-depth feature on 25 of their biggest releases can be read here.